Friday, March 19, 2010

Spock Sox

So I talked to Spoon today and let him know that I "recovered" his old drums and percussion and he was psyched! I've listened to it about 20 times and I think it sounds great myself. It all came back to me when I listened to it. We spend several "sessions" recording the drums and percussion. Spoon plays on the kit. There's a separate high hat track, and then there's a separate track of him doing his funky Spoon percussion/noise stuff with all of his "toys". I'm so glad I took the time to listen to the old version and the new version with an open mind. I need to do a little cleaning up and mixing stuff but it shouldn't take me too long to have it all done.

I also took the time to put together the April song of the month page. It's pretty much ready to go. Anyone can probably figure it out if the look at the address of the March page. I'm much less stressed about everything than last month! It's really nice that the web page is all done and from month to month all I need to do is build on it. This was a great idea! I'm already beginning to think ahead... why not just keep it going? A song of the month for as long as I can keep it up. I think I'm capable of recording a new song each month. I have a lot of ideas ready to go and a lot of ideas in my head. Perhaps release CDs for each year? hmmm...

The only "worry" that I have is that people might be confused how different this is from "The Hate Song". In many way "Spock Sox" is much more indicative of my work. I really like finding weird/interesting samples and mixing them together to create wonderful music. At least it sounds wonderful to me. I hope people will like it because I think you can tell how much I enjoyed creating it when you listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment