Thursday, March 25, 2010

Logistics

This whole thing has been among other things a learning experience for me. I've really brushed up on my CSS coding for instance. I would expect that each month as people check in for the new "song of the month" they'll see small improvements of the web site.

One of the things I'm dealing with now are some simple logistical matters. I want to work on updating the site for the April song but I don't want to "reveal" too much too early. I already have a bunch of the April page done and people could probably find it if they really want and even hear a rough mix of the song. But I would also like to work on the "Songs" page and update it as well. Probably the main page also.

So do I do the updates just locally and keep the files on my machine until the 1st? Or do I create "secret" pages with a different url and put them up on the web so I can check them out and make sure they look alright? I would assume this is common knowledge to experienced web designers. But, like usual for me, it's another D.I.Y. experience, so I'm learning as I go along.

In the meantime I've listened to "Spock Sox" a bunch of times and love it. Just need to do a little mixing stuff to get it all done. Basically chop off some noise at the beginning and that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment