Monday, March 8, 2010

Favicon!

I made a small upgrade to the site this morning. I figured out how to add a favicon.

Until yesterday I had no idea what a favicon was to be honest. I only knew that I wanted the site to have one of those little picture things in the tab and the address bar that you always see. I went to google and typed in "how do you make those little picture things on a web site?" and I found my answer in about one minute! I knew exactly what image I wanted to use so once I got down to it this morning the whole process probably took about 10 minutes at the most. and it looks very groovy in my opinion.

Here is a good site that explains it all and what code to use in your header.

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/promotion/favicon.html

Here is a nice site where you can create your own favicons.

http://www.genfavicon.com/

I'm going to spend a fair amount of time this week working on a few things with the site. The header is really bugging me. I have a great image of a melodica I want to use but I just can't get the CSS code to cooperate with me. I have an idea of how to fix it and make it look a lot more how I'd like it to look. Just gotta get a little time on Photoshop. I would also like to put up a contact page with info on how to get in contact with Pudge. I have an email address all set up already. Ultimately I'd like to figure out how to put up a comment field on the song of the month pages as well. We'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment