Monday, March 1, 2010

A sense of perspective...

One of the hardest things about being in a band is having a sense of perspective about your own material and songs. You work on the so hard. Months and months. and you listen to the song over and over and over again. It gets to the point were you get a little sick of the song. You also get to the point where you have trouble being able to tell if a song is "good" or not. I can't tell you how many times I've recorded a song by myself or in a band. When you first listen back to it you hate it. You hear all the mistakes. Then you listen to it six months later and it sounds great! The opposite happens as well. You think a song is great. You listen to it six months later and realize it sucks.

I must admit I still don't know what to think about "The Hate Song". I keep listening to it and I'm thinking it's one of the best songs I've ever done. I think it's great! So what will I think six months or a year from now? and what will all my friends think? all the more reason to get it out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment