Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Slacker

I feel like I've been a total slacker this month. then again a lot of crazy stuff has been going on it seems...

sometimes life gets in the way of the music thing. I feel like I've had some good excuses. But I need to get back on track and start doing some work on the song of the month.

The song for May is going to be an interesting one because it's going to be a little "controversial". It's called "Dead Pope" and is almost a straight up punk rock song. It's funny to me because I had planned out in my mind when I first started this project that "Dead Pope" would be the song for May. How was I to know that all hell (lol) would break out at the Vatican?! Purely a coincidence but ironic and sort of funny at the same time.

Today feels like the first day in about two weeks that I have pretty much free. I'm going to work on a cover letter for a job and then try to do some music stuff. I would like to redo the vocal track and try to get a better vocal. It's really really good right now but I think I can do it better. It also might just need a little compression. But for "The Hate Song" I spent about two days working on the vocal tracks. Doing it over and over and over again till I felt like I had some really strong tracks. and I think it showed. I want the vocals for "Dead Pope" to be just as strong.

I also need to work on the web stuff. I haven't done a thing to the site or created the new page or anything. Not a big deal though... at this point I can probably whip that off in about 20 minutes. I've got my method down. and I'm guessing it will take me about one minute and three clicks to find a good picture of the dead Pope.

No comments:

Post a Comment