Monday, July 12, 2010

The Pudge Song of the Month for July


This month's song has a long history. This is my third attempt at
recording it. I first recorded it about 20 years ago when I was in the
band The Noise Factory with Jamie Hodge, then while I was in DragKing we
recorded it again for our 1999 release “Indie Authenticity Crisis”.

So why did I record it again? A few months ago I was going through my old
cassettes and I found some of the mixes that Jamie and I had made from the
8 track recordings we did years ago in the Noise Factory. I listened to
the old cassette and loved it. One of my fave songs was “King Richie I”.
Then I listened to the DragKing version again. I decided that there were
things that I liked in both versions and thought it would be fun to do it
one more time since it was one of my favorite songs. So I created a
mash-up of sorts that I think combines elements of both versions. I hope
you enjoy it as much as I do.

http://www.pudgenoise.com/july.html
http://www.pudgenoise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment