Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Failed!

One of my 13 year old's favorite expressions is, "you failed!"

and I failed... I never got a song out for the month of August. bummer... I should have known how busy my summer would be and that I would have no time to do much for myself because the kids were out of school and I'm Mr. Mom.

I can only blame myself, and part of the problem is that I'm a good Dad. I just can't ignore the kids and go down to the basement to my little studio and record for hours while they're home. They need too much attention and I like to spend time with them doing things.

When I record I need complete concentration and time. I can't be interrupted. These things just can't happen when I hear, "Dad, I'm hungry", when I'm trying to record. It all reminds me of one of my favorite Monty Python sketches. The one where Beethoven is trying to work on his ninth symphony and keeps getting interrupted. While I certainly don't think I compare to Beethoven in any way the sentiment is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment