Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mixing and my ears...

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting "old" and my body is breaking down...

I know my hearing isn't as good as it used to be. I have trouble hearing when there is noise in the background. Sometimes my ears get full of wax and everything sounds muffled. I'm glad I don't have tinnitus. My ears aren't ringing all the time. But I know I don't hear as well as when I was in my teens and 20's.

So what is my point? My point is that sometimes I wonder if I should be mixing my songs? I sometimes wonder if my songs sound horribly wrong and not mixed correctly to people have have good hearing.

When I used to work at Dr. Wax one of my co-workers would often comment on the mixing of certain albums or CDs. He would crack me up by saying, "this is a cocaine mix. the person mixing it used to much coke. There's too much high end." or, "this is a marijuana mix, too much low end." What?! According to him different drugs changed how you heard things.

I don't ever remember him saying however, "this is a hard of hearing mix"!

No comments:

Post a Comment