Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just not in the mood

I really should be working on the song for next month but I'm not in the mood.

I had a job interview last week, I was all hyped about it, thought it went great... but I got yet another rejection letter yesterday.

The song for next month is a happy song. I'm just not in a happy mood right now. I'm going to have to force myself somehow over the next week or two to get into it.

Which brings up a point. There are good and bad things about the project of the month. mostly good... it is forcing me to work on the songs one at a time and get them done. that's a great thing. but... in the past I would work on music when the muse really struck. when I was in the mood. when the creative juices were flowing. I think that shows in some of the songs. you can tell the joy with which they were created. I wonder if some of the songs in the future will sound more "forced" as I try to just get stuff out? I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment